Safaricom allows its customers to share data bundles with their family and friends. This service is open to both postpaid and prepaid clients.
The minimum amount of data bundles that you can transfer is 5 MB, while the maximum is 10 MB at any one time.
The maximum amount you can transfer in a day is 20 MB .You ought to have a minimum balance of 5 MB for you to be able to share data.
You can sambaza as many times as you want as long as you do not exceed the daily limit.
Please note, you can’t transfer bonus or promotional bundles.
There are 3 ways you can sambaza safaricom bundles;
- Dialing *100#.
- Through the Safaricom App
- Draft a text and sending to 450.
How to sambaza safaricom bundles via phone
- Dial *100# on your phone
- Select okoa/sambaza/please call me option.
- Select sambaza bundles.
- Enter amount of internet bundle to sambaza (should be between 5 MB to 10 MB)
- Enter phone number to sambaza to.
- Select which data bundles to sambaza i.e data bundles with expiry date or with no expiry.
- Click OK to finish the process.
How to sambaza safaricom bundles via App
- Go to Google play store or App Store for Iphones.
- Download and install My Safaricom App.
- Select View My Balances menu
- Select Sambaza menu.
- Select Sambaza Data.
- Enter the Phone Number you are transferring to data.
- Enter the amount of bundles you want to share.
- Select bundle to sambaza i.e. No Expiry or With Expiry option.
- Complete the transaction by accepting to Sambaza.
How to sambaza safaricom bundles via text
- Go to messages.
- Type an SMS with the amount of bundles you want to sambaza then the mobile number you want to sambaza to e.g. 10*0701158367
- Send the text message to 450. You will receive a message from Safaricom stating that an x amount of MB has been transferred from your account to the number you transferred to.
Next article>>>How to Fuliza M-pesa