Safaricom home fibre is an internet service that is fast, reliable and unlimited.
Known for its innovative solutions, Safaricom has installed fibre in selected zones where its subscribers can connect to.
In places where the fibre has not been installed yet, you have the option of subscribing to the 4G home plans and get to enjoy fast internet.
Why choose Safaricom home fibre?
You might be wondering what’s so special about fiber over other mediums of internet such as data and why you should opt for it. Here’s why;
- Fast speed-Fibre is known for its fast internet speed .In comparison to other internet solutions, downloading and streaming of movies is much faster. There is rarely any buffering.
- Reliable-Unless there is a physical damage to the fibre you will not experience any internet outages.
- No internet overload-The Safaricom fibre internet connection is shared among 4 users to ensure there is no overloading of the internet which causes slow speeds.
- Safer-Since fibre is a physical connection, the chances of your data being stolen is quite low thus making it safe.
How to apply for Safaricom home fibre
To get connected to this service you must be living in a designated home fibre zone. To apply for this service ;
- Dial *400# on your phone
- Select Get home fibre
- Select Province
- Select Area
- Select Estate name
- When you finish the application, Safaricom will get in touch with you within 24 hrs. .
If your application is successful, the company will send a technician to your house to do the installation. You will be required to pay a fee of Ksh 3000 for a new connection.
After installation,you will be allocated an account number that you will use to subscribe for the preferred package.
Safaricom home fibre paybill
To purchase a fibre home package;
- Go to M-pesa menu
- Select Lipa na M-pesa option
- Select the paybill option
- Enter the Safaricom home fibre paybill number :150501
- Enter your assigned account number
- Enter the amount of the preferred package
- Enter you M-pesa pin and click ok to complete the transaction
Safaricom home fibre packages
There are 3 types of safaricom home fibre packages that you can choose from;
- Explore home
- Explore home plus
- Explore business
- Explore home package
Below are the prices of the explore home safaricom home fibre package
|Package||Safaricom fibre speeds||Price||Fair Usage Limit||Speed after Fair Usage|
|Bronze||8 Mbps||Ksh 2,990.00||500 GB||1 Mbps|
|Silver||20 Mbps||Ksh 4,100.00||1000 GB||3 Mbps|
|Gold||40 Mbps||Ksh 6,299.00||1000 GB||3 Mbps|
|Platinum||100 Mbps||Ksh 12,499.00||1000 GB||3 Mbps|
You ought to purchase a fibre package every 30 days in advance failure to which the company will suspend your internet services.
The Safaricom home fibre is subject to fair usage Limit .This means that once you hit your fair usage limit as indicated in the table above, the speeds will automatically reduce to 1 Mbps for the bronze package and 3 Mbps from the silver, gold and platinum till your subscription expires.
The gold and platinum service is inclusive of the securenet service which comes with parental control feature and an antivirus protection. For the bronze and silver this service is purchased separately.
- Explore home plus
Below are the prices of the explore home plus safaricom home fibre package
|Home plus Package||Price||Data Bundle||Minutes||SMS||Validity|
|1000||Ksh 1000||5GB||400 min||1000 sms||30 days|
|2000||Ksh 2000||15GB||1000 min||2000 sms||30 days|
|3000||Ksh 3000||25GB||1500 min||3000 sms||30 days|
|5000||Ksh 5000||35GB||2500 min||5000 sms||30 days|
All the packages in this plan come with a free 2 GB bundle redeemable after your bundles are exhausted.
3. Explore business package
|Features||3 mbps package||5 mps package||10 mbs package|
|Ideal for how many users||1 to 10 users||10 to 20 users||20 to 30 users|
|Able to access email efficiently||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Light web browsing||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ideal for Online businesses||No||Yes||Yes|
|Validity||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Price||Ksh 4,100||Ksh 5,799||Ksh 15,699|
Safaricom home fibre addons
Below are the additional features that you can purchase separately if you acquire the safaricom home fibre;