Stima Sacco which is one of the best co-operatives in Kenya, was established in the year 1984. It is licensed by SASRA and its popularity has grown tremendously such that by December 2020, its membership stood at 140,870.
Its main objective is to uplift its member’s wealth status by lending them money to invest in income generating projects. Any Kenyan citizen is eligible to join the co-operative regardless of where he or she resides in Kenya.
There are three ways you can join Stima Sacco;
- As an Individual
- As a Corporate
- As a Chama
How to join Stima Sacco as an Individual
- Download the membership application form.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Indicate your sources of income.
- Have a referee who is an existing member to introduce you to the co-operative.
- Attach a copy of your id or passport.
- Attach two colored passport size photos.
- Fill a member personal information card (MPI card) and attach it to the membership form.
- Attach a copy of your KRA pin certificate.
- Pay a membership of Ksh 500.
- Agree to the society terms and conditions by signing the membership form.
- Upon registration, you will be required to contribute a minimum monthly deposit of Ksh 1,000 and a share capital of Ksh 25,000/=
How to join Stima Sacco as a Corporate
- Download the corporate membership form
- Fill in your corporate information.
- Attach the following documents:
- Audited statement of accounts if company is limited by shares.
- Memorandum and articles of association.
- Board resolution authorizing application.
- Copies of signatories identification cards.
- Colored passport size photos of authorized signatories.
- Specimen signatures of signatories.
- Board resolution to open an account with the co-operative.
- A certified copy of the company registration certificate.
- Company KRA pin certificate.
- Pay a registration of Ksh 500 and contribute a monthly deposit contribution of Ksh 5,000.
- Upon registration, a company will be required to contribute a share capital of Ksh 50,000.
How to join Stima Sacco as a Chama
- Download and fill the group membership application form.
- Provide a list of group members.
- Attach the following documents.
- General meeting minutes authorizing application to join the co-operative.
- The group constitution.
- Copies of identification cards of group signatories.
- Passport photos of signatories.
- Copy of group registration certificate.
- KRA pin certificate.
How to buy Stima Sacco shares
The co-operative shares are categorized into two;
Every member has to contribute the prescribed minimum share capital. This type of shares cannot be withdrawn but can be transferable to an existing member. At the end of a financial year, the shares earn you dividend.
This is a type of share that is a loans multiplier when you want a loan. At the end of a financial year deposits earn you an interest. The deposits can only be accessed upon membership withdrawal
There are several ways you can buy shares from Stima;