Safaricom has made it possible for one to get mpesa statement via email address. You do not have to visit a Safaricom shop to get your statement as you can get it from the comfort of your home through your mobile phone.
This is a free service offered to both prepaid and postpaid customers and you have the option of receiving your monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly statement on demand.
It is sent in PDF format therefore ensure you have a PDF reader on your phone or computer to be able to open it.
There are 2 ways you can register to get your mpesa statement through your email address;
- Through the Safaricom App
- Via *334# USSD option
How to register for mpesa statement via Safaricom app
- Go to Google play store or app store.
- Download and install MySafaricom app.
- Enter your mobile number and your email address.
- Click Generate Pin. A one time password will be sent to you via text.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- At the bottom of the app homepage, click on mpesa statement.
- Enter your M-pesa pin.
- Click on ‘Get Full statement’. You have the option of accessing a statement on your most recent transactions, money received or money sent out.
- On the pop up menu, click on subscribe to register.
- Enter your email address and your National ID then click on register.
How to register for mpesa statement via phone
- Dial *334#
- Select My Account
- Select M-PESA Statement
- Select ‘Register for Email Statement’
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Enter your email address
- Enter your mpesa pin
- A one time password will be sent to you via email. Use this OTP to verify your email in your phone.
- Once you finish the above process, you will recieve a notification informing that you have successfully registered your email address and now can recieve your statements.
How to get mpesa statement via email
- Dial *334#
- Select My Account
- Select M-pesa statements
- Select ‘request statement’
- Select either full or mini statement
- Select the period i.e.this month,1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Confirm your details and press OK
- The requested statement will be sent to your email address. It usually comes stamped and verified as a genuine one.
How to verify mpesa statement
- Dial *234#
- Select M-pesa information.
- Select M-pesa statements.
- Select verify
- Enter ID number of owner of statement
- Enter code at the bottom of the statement page e.g QGRTHXXX
- You will get an sms stating whether a statement is genuine or not
How to change your M-pesa email address
If you would like to receive your statement in a different email address than the one registered with;
- Dial *100#
- Select mpesa option
- Select statement
- Select change email address.
- Enter and confirm your new email address.
- Enter your National ID
- Press OK to confirm your details.
- You will receive a text from Safaricom stating that your email address has been changed to the new one.
How to get an M-pesa statement for another number
It is possible to get the M-pesa statement for a loved one who has recently passed on with the aim of accessing the funds.
Just visit your nearest Safaricom shop with the following documents;
- Your National ID card.
- A copy of the deceased death certificate.
- An affidavit outlining your relationship with the deceased. You can get this from a lawyer or magistrate.
- A letter from the chief where the deceased used to live.