Several water companies in Kenya have now implemented online solutions for checking water bills and paying them electronically. Thanks to this, customers no longer have to queue for long hours in banks to pay their bills as was previously the norm. They can do all these,from the comfort of their homes via their mobile phones.
Below are the procedures of checking water bills and paying them via M-pesa for different companies.
How to check Nairobi water bill and pay via M-pesa
- Dial *888#
- Select query bill
- Enter your Nairobi Water account number.
- You will receive the invoice amount you ought to pay.
- Confirm the details and pay via M-pesa. The amount will be deducted automatically from your M-pesa mobile wallet.
- Alternatively you can select ‘paybill’ just after dialing *888#, and follow the procedure to complete the payment process via M-pesa.
For any inquiries, you can contact their customer care through 0724253582.
How to check Kisumu water bill and pay via M-pesa
- Go to messages.
- Type the word ‘bill’ followed by your account number e.g. bill 89045450.
- Send the message to 40222.
- Go to M-pesa menu and select paybill
- Enter the KIWASCO business number ; 517000.
- Enter your Kisumu water meter number as your account no.
- Enter the amount you ought to pay.
- Enter your M-pesa pin.
- Confirm your details to complete the transaction.
You can contact their through email@example.com or call them 0575007000.
How to check Mombasa water bill and pay via M-pesa
- Dial *274# or go to the Mombasa water online portal .
- Select query bill.
- Enter your Mombasa water account number .
- Go to M-pesa menu, Lipa na M-pesa paybill option .
- Enter business number ; 895500
- Enter your Mombasa Account No.
- Enter your M-pesa pin and select send to complete the transaction.
For any disputes, you can contact their customer care through 0726313006 or email them through firstname.lastname@example.org
How to check Nakuru water bill and pay via M-pesa
- Dial *483*81#
- Select check bill.
- Choose my account or other accounts option.
- Type in your Nakuru Water account number .
- Go to M-pesa, Lipa na M-Pesa option.
- Select paybill and enter NAWASCO business number ;111444
- Enter your meter number.
- Complete the transaction by entering your M-pesa pin.
How to check Eldoret water bill and pay via M-pesa
- Go to Eldowas online portal.
- Select the e-bill menu.
- Login to the portal by entering your account number and phone number .
- Go to your M-pesa menu and select the paybill option.
- Enter the ELDOWAS business number; 511000.
- Enter your Eldoret Water Account number.
- Enter the amount of you ought to pay.
- Enter your M-pesa pin and press ok to complete the transaction.
- You will receive confirmation messages from Safaricom and from Eldoret Water Company(ELDOWAS)
For disputes or other inquiries contact their customer care on 07242555538 or toll free number 0800-211-155 or email them on email@example.com
Next article>>>How to pay for parking in Nairobi