HELB is a government body that seeks to provide affordable loans to Kenyans pursuing higher education.
If you are wondering how you can apply for a HELB loan this being your first time, below is the process on how to do it.
- Visit the HELB website and register in the student portal by creating a student account.
- Login to the HELB student account and enter your mobile number.
- Enter the 4 digit verification code that will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Fill in your profile details.
- Click on loan application on the left hand side of the homepage.
- Select the course level you want to apply the loan for i.e. certificate, diploma, and undergraduate, postgraduate.
- Click on the HELB financial literacy campaign.
- Go through the financial literacy material and answer some questions on the topic. This is to help you understand the HELB processes and products and it is mandatory.