Planning to get a loan and wondering if you qualify to get one or not?
Lending institutions check with Credit Reference Bureau’s (CRB) to find out if you are credit worthy for them to give you a loan.They do their due diligence with the aim of reducing their financial risk by granting loans to only those people whose credit record is good.This applies to all types of loans from mobile loans to student loans there is no exception.
Before applying for a loan,we recommend you check your status with any CRB to determine whether your credit core is good or in default.
If you have any outstanding loan that you have defaulted, we recommend you pay it first before applying for a new loan as chances are that your loan application might be rejected.
You can check your credit status from any of the 3 licensed credit bureaus:
- Metropol Corporation
- Transunion Africa
- Credit info
How to check CRB status online via Metropol Corporation
- Metropol crystobol app
- Ussd by dialing *433#
How to check CRB status online via Metropol crystobol app
- Download the Metropol cystobol app from Google play store
- Click get started
- Sign up on the app
- Register with your personal details
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Confirm your details
- A reference number is sent to your phone which the app will automatically verify
- Login into the app with your phone number and pin
- Click on credit report link to download the report
How to check CRB status online via metropol USSD
- Dial *433# from a Safaricom registered line
- Enter your ID Number.
- Enter Agent number if referred by an agent, if not enter 0
- Confirm your details
- Pay via metropol M-pesa paybill 186644 the required fee.
- If it’s your first time registering in metropol you will pay a registration fee of Ksh 100.
- If you are logging in for the subsequent time to download your credit report you will be a charged a levy of Ksh 250 and if you are checking your credit score you will be a charged a fee of Ksh 150.
- After paying the prerequisite fee, a reference number will be sent to your phone as a text message.
- Go to the metropol website and login by entering your phone number and the reference number received.
- After successful login, click on the link displayed on the screen to download your credit report or check your credit score
With Metropol you are entitled to one free report per year. A fee of Ksh 250 is charged for any subsequent report requested within a year.