KPLC is a government body that is responsible for providing electricity to all Kenyans.
You do not have to go and queue in KPLC offices to apply for electricity as you can do so, from the comfort of your home or office.In fact you can check and pay your power bill or buy electricity tokens from your mobile phone.
There are 2 ways you can apply for power supply online;
- Apply for electricity on KPLC self service portal
- Apply for electricity on the KPLC mobile app
How to apply for power on KPLC self service portal
- Register in the KPLC self service portal
- Select either the option of tenant or landlord
- Enter your personal details
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Click send code. A 4 digit code will be sent to your phone.
- Enter the 4 digit verification code and click register
- Login in to the KPLC self-service portal
- Apply for power supply and attach the following documents
- Copy of Identification Document e.g. ID, passport
- Copy of KRA pin certificate
- Proof of ownership of land for landlords
- Copy of title deed and land search documents for landlords
- Directions of the premises where power supply is required
- A filled supply contract form
- Wiring certificate from a certified electrician.
How to apply for power on KPLC mobile app
- Go to Google play store
- Download and install the Kenya Power app in your mobile phone
- Create an account by entering your email address or phone number and a password and save the details
- Login to the app
- Click on the New Supply Application module
- Enter your personal details and contact information
- Enter the supply location(where the service is required)
- Enter the appliances information e.g phase type,max load,voltage type
- Attach the requested documents e.g id,pin number,wiring certificates
- Accept terms and conditions
- Click submit to finish the application
Once you submit the application, a reference number will be generated that you can use to track the application status.You can track your application by dialling *977# and selecting ‘New connection’ then entering the work request reference number.
KPLC will also send you a quotation of the amount you ought to pay for power supply connection.
You can make the payments via the following channels
- EFT transfer to KPLC Account number 0104074121608
- M-pesa paybill 888899 Account No: Reference Number generated after application
- Write a cheque to KPLC and quote your application reference number at the back of the cheque and telephone number
Next article>>> How to transfer Money Between Paypal and M-pesa